Friday, July 09, 2010

I'll Cut You: Where Are They Now?

I know, we've been pretty absent. We're like Jon Gosselin and you guys are the Gosselin kids. But hey, it could be worse, we could be like Mel Gibson and you could be that Russian Oksana chick. I'm not going to bother to look up her name, you know who I mean.

Anyway, here's the deal. Puppy is still living in Paradise, aka Martha's Vineyard, where I left her on Monday. That's right, the Thompsons and Verenburgs had a triumphant summit meeting that involved biking, beaching, lots of crying and pooping (primarily by Mango), and copious amounts of pinot grigio. I will try to give some details minutes of the Summit at a later date. I'm kind of slammed at work right now, and I can only assume Puppy is equally busy working on her tan and chowder intake.

I recently read a NY Times article about how parents are more unhappy than non-parents. This kind of bummed me out until I remembered that my kid is super awesome, and I'm pretty happy in general. Kiki once called me the happiest person she knows, which I took as a great compliment. The secret to my happiness is a magical combination of eating cheese and being grateful.

This morning, Mango tried to eat her cheerios by picking them up with her mouth straight off her high chair tray, kind of like a chicken. Only she couldn't aim right, and would often end up with them glued to various parts of her face and then look confusedly for them. It amused me to no end, which amused her, and so I say, fuck you NY Times, I'm a happy parent.

A couple of things I would like to discuss but don't have the time:
- compliments not to give your wife: "you look very masculine" (Luke to me, before my softball game)
- how do we feel about Dean McDermott's brush with death? Was it the universe punishing him for leaving his wife for Tori Spelling? Discuss.
- does anyone else love So You Think You Can Dance with the passion that I do? I'd liken it to "of the Christ" levels.
- a very good friend of mine's father passed away yesterday. Unexpectedly. I can't even imagine how awful that is. So please, if your dad is still with us, give him some extra love. I know I will (my dad, not yours, sorry).

Sorry for the potpourri category post, but I thought some potpourri would be better than nothing.

Please comment so we know you're still there.

2 comments:

samanthaholmes said...

Please write more, and more often :) It cheers me up.

LuckyGirl said...

knowing you, diane, knowing there is cheese and gratitude and mango and cheerio faces and joy in motherhood and even that luke may have inadvertently observed that you looked masculine once before a softball game...that all makes ME happy.
see you soon, lovebug. i'm very excited :-)