Saturday, July 10, 2010

it's Wedding Time!!!

I, too, apologize for being so distant from the blog. It's been a heck of a summer. Two months of production and vacation have left me fatter and more stressed out (and alternately less stressed out while on vacation) than ever.
But I wanted to report that I am right now getting ready to go to the wedding of the people who ripped off our invitations! Yesterday, we kind of missed the rehearsal dinner which took place at like 4pm. Well, we got there late at around 6pm because of travel times. Anyway, the bride introduced us to the girl who ripped us off, er, desired her invitations.

This is a re-enactment of that conversation:
Bride: Puppy and Derek! I'd like you to meet Robin. She designed our invitations. And Robin, this is the couple whose invitation you kind of based ours on.
Me: nice to meet you.
Robin: oh man I loved your invitation and I know all about you guys. I'd love to have your jobs!
(what?!)
Me: what?! Oh, um, ha, thanks. You probably wouldn't.
Bride: we all just loved your invites a lot, but we told Robin we couldn't totally steal your look.
Robin: well, I don't call it stealing! We were definitely inSPIRed by it!!! (awkward laughter.)
Derek: yeah...I thought it looked familiar...

Ugh. Anyway. Derek just tom sawyered me into into ironing his shirt with the worst hotel room iron ever (see below) and now were getting ready to leave. Seriously, the iron pees water on your clothes! Unfortunately for the very sweet couple (who were clearly talked into their invitations by their designer) and my sucky, humidity-fucked hair, it's pouring out.

Later, friends.

3 comments:

shortlist said...

you should have only replied with "yup" and "nope" answers.

Diane Verenburg said...

This Robin seems dangerous, like she might kill you with a stiletto heel. Keep a close eye on Derek, he should be easy to spot, as he's the one in the water-stained shirt.
Also, would like to know the details of how he Tom Sawyered you. Was he like, this iron is so fun!

puppy thompson said...

i don't even remember how he Tom Sawyered me. i think it went something like this:
DEREK: this iron is weird.
PUPPY: you're an idiot. give it to me.