
as i get older (and older and older...it's enough now, thanks!) i realize that i'm not a very good girl.
i don't mean "i'm a bad person."
i mean that i don't do things girls are supposed to do.
as i type this post, i'm rocking a two month old pedicure. my fingernails are beyond ugly right now. cuticles out to here! i never remember to use moisturizer. i use men's deodorant. i never remove my makeup before bed. and i only just recently decided i should buy some of that Bare Minerals powder for my face -- what are these bags under my eyes?!
i don't really know how to put my hair up by myself, beyond the average ponytail. i can only do my makeup one way, the way i've always done it. and quite frankly, i don't know that it looks so great but it's all i've got!
i guess i'm using this post as a global apology for my own failures in the girl realm. sorry, everyone. i wish i was a little more feminine. i wish i had time to learn how to get gussied up and put on my fancy party face and hair.
for those of you really good girls out there, kudos. i admire your perfect french-braided coif and your La Mer-creamed eyes.
one day, maybe i'll learn.
p.s. doll photography is weird! look it up on Flickr sometime if you feel like being creeped out.
1 comments:
I'm with you, Puppy. I can't do make up to save my life. I tried to give my coworker "smoky eyes" the other night (he's a dude, it's a long story) and it just looked like a black eye. What kind of pathetic excuse for a girl am I? I usually have to have Luke do my make up for big nights out, and I can't paint my right hand's fingernails.
Post a Comment