Thursday, August 12, 2010

You know what it is?

I've been thinking about how we don't post as often as we used to, and you know what it is? It's all this social networking. It's the Facebook, and the Twitter, and the Jan Carsons of the world. Sometimes I feel immense pressure to tweet something clever. I mean, I'm a professional writer for God's sake. My tweets better be solid gold, and my Facebook status updates better be Lolcatz. So you know who falls by the wayside? Poor old I'll Cut you. And that's sad, because I love I'll Cut You. I read back on a bunch of our really old posts the other day because I was trying to find something in the archives, and hot damn, some of them were really good.
I think we used to be less censored, more random, and meaner. So I hope to go back to that.

I really want to write about my upcoming awkward drink date with my former guy-friend from college who I hadn't talked to in like 3 years, ever since he declared his longtime crush on me and told me he'd always been in love with me. This was when he was visiting me, and staying with me in my apartment, just the two of us. When I had just broken up with X and first started dating Luke. And when he was still dating his girlfriend of 7 years. So that will be a good post. I want to find the relevant previous post though and so far I can't. Thanks, broken search feature of Blogger. You're a pal.

Also, my boobs have shrunken and my tummy is saggy so now I look like a blobby Kate Hudson pre-implants. Only my body though. My face isn't as pretty as hers. Puppy thinks I look like Nina Garcia for God's sake. And every time I think of that, I feel sorry for me and my ugly Nina Garcia-self.

1 comments:

LuckyGirl said...

I may be a party of one here, but I don't think Kate Hudson's face is pretty. I think she is cute.

YOU are pretty!

But, if you're gonna go around thinking of yourself as Nina Garcia, can you please say it in your head with the same affected accent that Heidi Klum always uses when she introduces her?